Thursday, December 16, 2010

The hunt is on!

Geocaching is new to me and it seems like it would be fun. Not having a fancy phone I haven't given it a go yet, maybe I will try it when I do get one.
It's great that libraries are using this as a fun way to run activities for patrons. I don't know that this would work particularly well in our libraries, maybe as part of a special promotion to get people into the library or for children's activities. Running a session on how it works may be beneficial for patrons who have not heard of it before.

Overall it's a great way for communities to connect, I'm glad I finally found out what it actually is and I didn't realise it had been running for such a long time. I will keep it mind for future activities!

4 comments:

  1. Geocoaching works, if you have the latest technology! Of which most of our patron and staff do not have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think running a session on geocaching would be great since I'm sure lots of people (including me) don't know much about it. I'm sure many would find it lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there is now an opening to have computer classes for the public on home to use the new programs that we have learnt in WEB 2.0 I think that Geocashing would be a good one to do, but we would have to make sure that everyone had the technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A social training session on Geocaching could be a great introduction to the library for outdoor social groups. Such as the local scouts or guides.

    ReplyDelete